Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Plane Ride to Argentina

To arrive in Buenos Aires, I had an 8+ hour flight from Miami to Buenos Aires overnight last night. Not the most fun. It is always difficult to try to sleep in tourist class (or coach, or economy). The seat was hard and I could not get in a comfortable position. However, I must say that the foreign airlines, like LAN Argentina which I flew, still know how to fly and provide hospitality to their customers at the same time. We were fed both dinner and breakfast. We had personal video screens at each seat which played movies, television, video games, music, etc. All as part of the service. They provided pillows and blankets for each customer as well as black-out eye shades. They did all they could to make it comfortable and pleasant. Plus, we left on time, landed about 20 minutes early, and my luggage arrived same as me! I was wired up on the flight, filled with a variety of emotions: excitement, nerves, anxiety, so I could not really sleep. I have been running on adrenaline all day today and I will be turning into bed early, but it was a wonderful start to my South American adventure.

No comments: