Monday, September 1, 2008

First post from Bariloche



I arrived in San Carlos de Bariloche yesterday at noon. The bus ride was very peaceful and I will say more about it in a future post when I share photos of the landscape. I arrived in the midst of a snowstorm that began on Saturday and is still going strong! Of course, the Andes wanted to welcome their new guest from Miami, Florida in style!!! (I shouldn't complain compared to the hurricane season everyone in Florida and the Southeast coast is experiencing this year. My prayers are with all in New Orleans and all recovering from Fay.) I wanted to get a post up before I had to leave to get lunch before heading to school. The classes here take place in late afternoon, so students can take advantage of outdoor activities. My schedule will be backwards to what it was the past 4 weeks: homework and computer work in the morning and school in the afternoon.

This is a lovely place and my home setting is idyllic. It feels like a mountain chalet, all constructed of wood. My bedroom is on the second floor and I hear the snow falling heavily off the trees onto the roof periodically. It is quite warm and cozy and I know I will be very comfortable here for the next two weeks. If only I didn't have to go out in the snow! Unfortunately I do, and I have farther to walk than the last two locations in Cordoba and Buenos Aires. I will truly get my exercise! Anyway, the above pictures are of the view out my window and if you want to see pictures of my home, follow this Kodak Gallery link: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=6d2p4u6.3tonaaa2&x=0&y=87skjw&localeid=en_US

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible pictures! Keep warm. Love, Di

Anonymous said...

Steve! It is so great that you are blogging! I can't wait to read all about it!! Thanks for sharing your experience with me and everyone else!!

:) Sara